A live-action television drama adaptation of Yu Suzunoki’s “Konodori” (The Stork) manga has been green-lit. The series will premiere on TBS in October, and will air every Friday at 10:00 p.m.
Ayano Go will play the character Konotori Sakura, an obstetrician who is also a jazz pianist by night. The manga depicts his life, and the lives of the resident doctors and medical interns in the OB/GYN department that Konotori leads. The rest of the cast are seen below.
- Matsuoka Mayu as Shimoya Kae
- Yoshida Yo as Komatsu Rumiko
- Sakaguchi Kentaro as Shirakawa Eri
- Hirayama Yusuke as Kase Hiroshi
- Seino Nana as Tsunoda Mayumi
- Akinaga Tokimoto as Funakoshi Takuya
- Asano Kazuyuki as Director Osawa
- Eguchi Noriko as Mukai Akiko
- Yamaguchi Sayaka as Arai Emi
- Hoshino Gen as Shinomiya Haruki
- Omori Nao as Imahashi Takayuki
Doi Nobuhiro and Kaneko Fuminori are directing the series, and Yamamoto Mutsumi is writing the scripts. Kiyozuka Shinya is supervising the piano themes.