The first character visuals of the Yorozuya trio for the upcoming live action adaptation of Gintama has been revealed! It was previously announced that actors Shun Oguri, Masaki Suda, and Kanna Hashimoto will be portraying the three main characters of the Yorozuya trio: Sakata Gintoki, Shinpachi Shimura, and Kagura, respectively.
Originally a manga created by Hideaki Sorachi, the live action movie adaptation will be directed and written by Yuichi Fukuda. Gintama is set in a parallel universe in the Edo period where alien species Amanto attack the Earth. The story of Gintama follows Sakata Gintoki, an ex-samurai, along with Shinpachi Shimura and Kagura as they complete errands to make ends meet.
- Masami Nagasawa as Tae Shimura
- Masaki Okada as Kotaro Katsura
- Tsuyoshi Muro as Gengai Hiraga
- Yuuya Yagira as Toshiro Hijikata
- Ryo Yoshizawa as Sougo Okita
- Kankurou Nakamura VI as Isao Kondo
- Hirofumi Arai as Nizo Okada
- Jiro Sato as Henpeita Takechi
- Nanao as Matako Kijima
- Ken Yasuda as Tetsuya Murata
- Akari Hayami as Tetsuko Murata
- Tsuyoshi Domoto as Shinsuke Takasugi
Gintama is set to open in theaters across Japan in summer of 2017!