Another day, another Johnny’s drama! Still reeling from the sudden departure of Hideaki Takizawa and the announcement that 60% of King & Prince are set to leave next year, comes another story out of the company.
Johnny & Associates has threatened Shukan Bunshun with legal action after it released a story concerning last week’s news. The company says that the story is totally false, and completely different from the facts.
So what did Shukan Bunshun report?
In September, the newspaper learned that Sho Hirano, Yuta Kishi, and Yuta Jinguji had talks with company president Julie Fujishima in regards to leaving the company.
Since the beginning of this year, Sho has tried to talk to Julie about his plans for the future. According to a company official, Julie kept canceling on him at the last minute. “Why are you coming alone? If you’re talking about work, come as five,” she is said to have told Sho. He then did this, but the cancelations continued.
King & Prince finally met with Julie in September, but she didn’t want to hear what they had to say. It was this incident with caused Sho and the Yutas to leave.
On November 3, the day before the announcement was made, management told King & Prince that the announcement would be made the following day. Sho lamented the decision, telling acquaintances to the end that this wouldn’t had happened if Johnny Kitagawa was still in control.
After Shukan Bunshun confirmed the facts with Johnny & Associates, the company said it was true that all the members were spoken to, but the facts that they presented were not true.