As the end of the year round up continues the Kings and Queens of the CM world have been revealed by Nihon Monitor, Japan’s oldest broadcast monitoring company. Johnny’s group Arashi completely dominated the list this year with every single member appearing in the top 5. Aiba Masaki came out on top again this year appearing in CMs for 12 different companies. Among those were Mercedes Benz, Kirin Beer, and NTT DOCOMO. Professional tennis player Kei Nishikori tied with Aiba in first place, Asahi Beer, Jaguar, and UNIQLO were some of the companies Kei appeared for.
On the female side actress Yo Yoshida took the crown appearing in CMs for 13 different companies. These include Sanyo food, Lotte, Epson, and WOWOW.
The results are based on the following survey:
No. of companies that appointed each talent and has appeared in TV CMs.
Study period: January 1st – November 30th, 2016
Target stations: NTV / TV Asahi / TBS / TV Tokyo / Fuji TV
Check out the full ranking behind the cut!
- Aiba Masaki & Kei Nishikori (12 companies)
- Sho Sakurai, Hidetoshi Nishijima, Kazunari Ninomiya, Kenichi Endo (11 companies)
- DAIGO, Tomoya Nagase, Jun Matsumoto (10 companies)
- Satoshi Ohno, Saito Tsukasa, Shuzo Matsuoka (9 companies)
- Shun Oguri, Shigeru Joshima, Yutaka Matsushige
- Yo Yoshida (13 companies)
- Suzu Hirose, Matsuko Deluxe, Rola (12 companies)
- Kasumi Arimura, Mayu Matsuoka (11 companies)
- Mirei Kiritani, Yuna Taira, Haru (10 companies)
- Haruka Ayase, Anne Watanabe, Aya Ueto, Fumino Kimura, Mizuki Yamamoto (9 companies)