Today, YouTube Japan released its year end feature, “YouTube Rewind”, for 2016. The rankings were split into two categories: Top Trend Domestic Music Videos and Top Trend Videos. The rankings are not merely based on the number of views, but also how much it was shared, the number of comments, the video’s value, and the number of followup videos derived from the original video.
The Top Trend Domestic Music Videos ranking was topped by Piko-Taro’s “PPAP (Pen Pineapple Apple Pen)”, with RADWIMP’s “Zen Zen Zense (movie ver.)” coming in second, followed by the short version of RADIO FISH’s “Perfect Human.”
The Top Trend Videos ranking was topped by the first trailer for “Kimi no Na wa.”, followed by the Rio Olympics Tokyo Handover Ceremony and Hajime Syacho’s “Haru da ne! Hajime Syacho no Shitsumon Corner (Zoryo ver).”
Check out the top 10 of both rankings below!
(Note: These aren’t the original videos in all cases, due to the fact that some are blocked internationally.)
Top Trend Domestic Music Videos
1. Piko-Taro – PPAP (Pen Pineapple Apple Pen)
2. RADWIMPS – Zen Zen Zense (movie ver.)
3. RADIO FISH – Perfect Human (Short ver.)
4. Keyakizaka46 – Silent Majority
5. RADIO FISH – PERFECT HUMAN (Full ver.)
6. Hoshino Gen – Koi
7. Perfume – FLASH
8. JY – Suki na Hito ga Iru Koto (Short ver.)
9. Sandaime J Soul Brothers – Feel So Alive
10. Ketsumeishi – Tomo yo ~ Kono Saki mo Zutto…