This week Tower Records, one of the largest physical music retailers in Japan, published their mid-year charts for the year 2017. These rankings reflect the combined total sales of the Japanese, Imported, Limited, Analog, etc. versions of each release from January 1st through June 30th of this year.
Rockers ONE OK ROCK stand atop the Japanese Album Chart with their latest full-length “Ambitions”, while Ed Sheeran’s “÷ (Divide)” claims the honor on the Western Album Chart. Meanwhile, idol group Nogizaka46 rule the Singles chart with “Influencer”, with Johnny’s powerhouse Arashi standing high atop the DVD/Blu-ray chart with their “ARASHI LIVE TOUR 2016-2017 Are You Happy?”. Last but not least, the soundtrack for the well-received video game NieR: Automata is the year’s best selling media-related release.
Read on below to see what other releases comprise each respective list.
-’Tower Records Japan’ 2017 Mid-Year Bestseller Lists-
- ONE OK ROCK – Ambitions
- Suchmos – THE KIDS
- Kanjani8 – Jam
- back number – Encore
- Yuzu – Yuzu Iroha 1997-2017
- SMAP – SMAP 25 YEARS
- Nogizaka46 – Umarete Kara Hajimete Mita Yume
- NEWS – NEVERLAND
- Kis-My-Ft2 – MUSIC COLOSSEUM
- Sandaime J Soul Brothers – THE JSB WORLD
- Ed Sheeran – ÷ (Divide)
- Bruno Mars – 24K Magic
- The Chainsmokers – Memories… Do Not Open
- The Beatles – Sergeant Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band: Anniversary Deluxe Edition
- Jamiroquai – Automaton
- Linkin Park – One More Light
- Bruno Mars – Doo-Wops & Hooligans
- Thundercat – Drunk
- Kasabian – For Crying Out Loud
- Gorillaz – Humanz