20th anniversary celebrations for singer Utada Hikaru have officially begun!
Today she announced her 7th Japanese studio album, and first since making Epic Records her new home. After a hiatus Utada burst back on to the scene with her 2016 album Fantome, it was an instant success selling over 690,000 copies.
Her 7th album will be titled HATSUKOI , which means “First Love“, the name of her recording breaking debut studio album.
HATSUKOi will tell the stories of feelings. The songs lyrics are written in simple and precise words to express all the unsaid feelings and emotions everyone can relate to with beautifully written melodies that helps everybody feel warm inside.
The album is currently scheduled to have 12 tracks, her previous digital singles Ohzora de Dakishimete, Forevermore, Anata, Chikai, Hatsukoi, and Play A Love Song will all be included.
The very first shipment of physical copies of the album will also contain lottery tickets to pre-order tickets to her upcoming Japanese tour. This marks the very first time she’s holding a Japanese tour in 12 years!
It will kick off in Yokohama on November 6th, and conclude on December 9th. December 9th, 1998 was when she made her debut with the single Automatic/ time will tell. Her tour schedule is as follows:
- November 6 – Yokohama Arena
- November 7 – Yokohama Arena
- November 14 – Marine Messe Fukuoka
- November 15 – Marine Messe Fukuoka
- November 28 – Osaka Jo Hall
- November 29 – Osaka Jo Hall
- December 4 – Saitama Super Arena
- December 5 – Saitama Super Arena
- December 8 – Makuhari Messe Event Hall 9-11
- December 9 – Makuhari Messe Event Hall 9-11