The year is coming to a close, so the end of the year charts and rankings are upon us! Billboard Japan has now released its year end charts for 2019, measuring the period from 11/26/18 – 11/24/19.
Aimyon was named Top Artist of the year. Yonezu Kenshi‘s “Lemon” topped the year end Hot 100 single chart for the second year in a row. Arashi’s farewell best album, “5×20 All the BEST!! 1999-2019”, topped the year end Hot Albums chart.
Aimyon’s “Marigold” topped the year end Streaming Songs chart. Kenshi’s “Lemon” also topped the year end Download Songs chart for the second consecutive year. Hoshino Gen‘s “POP VIRUS” topped the year end Download Albums chart. Check out more of these charts below!
Two new categories were added this year: “Top Lyricists” and “Top Composers.” Akimoto Yasushi topped the Top Lyricists chart for his work with Keyakizaka46 and Nogizaka46. Yonezu Kenshi topped the Top Composers chart for his own work and his work with Suda Masaki.
- Yonezu Kenshi
- Official HIGE DANdism
- back number
- ONE OK ROCK
- King Gnu
- Hoshino Gen
- Suda Masaki
- Mrs. GREEN APPLE
- King & Prince
- DA PUMP
- Yonezu Kenshi – Lemon
- Aimyon – Marigold
- Official HIGE DANdism – Pretender
- King Gnu – Hakujitsu
- Yonezu Kenshi – Uma to Shika
- Suda Masaki – Machigai Sagashi
- Foorin – Paprika
- Aimyon – Konya Kono Mama
- DA PUMP – U.S.A.
- Official HIGE DANdism – Shukumei
- Arashi – 5×20 All the BEST!! 1999-2019
- Hoshino Gen – POP VIRUS
- ONE OK ROCK – Eye of the Storm
- back number – MAGIC
- King & Prince – King & Prince
- Nogizaka46 – Ima ga Omoide ni Naru Made
- Aimyon – Shunkanteki Sixth Sense
- Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody (Original Soundtrack)
- Yonezu Kenshi – BOOTLEG
- BUMP OF CHICKEN – aurora arc