#1 Song Review: Week of 8/20 – 8/26 (ENDRECHERI v. Hoshino Gen v. DA PUMP)

Hello, Arama! Japan readers and welcome to this week’s installment of #1 Song Review! Last week saw MISIA defeat Keyakizaka46 and DA PUMP. DA PUMP is back this week, facing off against two newcomers. Find out what Ronald thought of the songs that topped the singles charts this week and share your thoughts on them too!

Oricon #1: ENDRECHERI – one more purple funk… -Komei katana- (Billboard Hot 100 #4 / not available for download or streaming)

Looking for this turd was a complete waste of my time. It took forever to find this self-indulgent mess. Why does this exist? Why is the first minute just him droning the title? I just don’t get why he was trying to accomplish with this. He should just stick to KinKi Kids. Their pap is better than this. 2.5/10

_________

Billboard Hot 100 #1 / Oricon Digital Singles #1 / Billboard Download Songs #1: Hoshino Gen – Idea (not released physically / Billboard Streaming Songs #7)

I’m going to go out a limb here and say that Gen is actually trying to break out of the “SUN” / “Koi” lane a bit with “Idea.” It’s not radically different, but it’s a step. The addition of STUTS’ beats gives the song a different feel than Gen’s recent hits. He also tried with the acoustic break, which I’m not a fan of. It just sounds really out of place and throws off the song. It’s an unneeded downer. 7/10

_________

Billboard Streaming Songs #1: DA PUMP – U.S.A. (Oricon #27 / Billboard Hot 100 #3 / Oricon Digital Singles #4 / Billboard Download Songs #4)

Same review as before: The eurobeat, the eurobeat, the eurobeat… I’m a bit of a sucker for it. It’s just so fun and nostalgic. It doesn’t take itself too seriously. It is what it is. 6.5/10

_________

1. Billboard Hot 100 #1 / Oricon Digital Singles #1 / Billboard Download Songs #1: Hoshino Gen – Idea

2. Billboard Streaming Songs #1: DA PUMP – U.S.A.

3. Oricon #1: ENDRECHERI – one more purple funk… -Komei katana-

_________

Which one do you like the most?

Oricon #1: ENDRECHERI – one more purple funk… -Komei katana-
Billboard Hot 100 #1 / Oricon Digital Singles #1 / Billboard Download Songs #1: Hoshino Gen – Idea
Billboard Streaming Songs #1: DA PUMP – U.S.A.

Comments