#1 Song Review: Week of 11/13 – 11/19 (Kanjani8 v. DAOKO x Yonezu Kenshi v. UNISON SQUARE GARDEN)

Hello, Arama! Japan readers and welcome to this week’s installment of #1 Song Review! Last week saw Yonezu Kenshi defeat Arashi and DAOKO x Yonezu Kenshi. DAOKO x Yonezu Kenshi is back again this week, facing off against two newcomers. Find out what various staff members thought of the songs that topped the singles charts this week and share your thoughts on them too!

Oricon #1 / Billboard Hot 100 #1: Kanjani8 – Oto Seyo (not released for streaming or download)

Ronald: Just stick to the band format and stop making childish pop songs, because this is really good! I always enjoy Kanjani8’s band songs more than their pop stuff and this is no exception. It reminds me of older songs, but in a good way. There’s an uplifting energy to the song. I also like how layered the instruments are here. But I still don’t like the goat. 8/10

Streaming Songs #1: DAOKO x Yonezu Kenshi – Uchiage Hanabi (Oricon #101 / Billboard Hot 100 #8 / Download Songs #7)

Ronald: Same as before: This is basically a Yonezu Kenshi song featuring DAOKO. I have my problems with Kenshi, and they’re evident in this song. While listening to this, all I can think of is a rehash of a The Chainsmokers song. But I will say that DAOKO’s voice has improved. I listened to one of her albums a few years ago and I had to stop it a few songs in because her voice literally gave me a headache and made me want to vomit. I don’t have that issue now! However, I’m a bit lost as to what her point is. She was a rapper, and now she’s trying to be a popstar? I don’t get it… 5.5/10

Download Songs #1: UNISON SQUARE GARDEN – Invisible Sensation (Oricon #15 / Billboard Hot 100 #7 / not released for streaming)

Ronald: It’s just average. There are so many bands making songs like this. There is nothing really separating this song, or this band for that matter, from the pack. 4/10

Ronald’s Rank:

1. Oricon #1 / Billboard Hot 100 #1: Kanjani8 – Oto Seyo

2. Streaming Songs #1: DAOKO x Yonezu Kenshi – Uchiage Hanabi

3. Download Songs #1: UNISON SQUARE GARDEN – Invisible Sensation

Which one do you like the most?

Oricon #1 / Billboard Hot 100 #1: Kanjani8 – Oto Seyo
Streaming Songs #1: DAOKO x Yonezu Kenshi – Uchiage Hanabi
Download Songs #1: UNISON SQUARE GARDEN – Invisible Sensation

PollMaker

Comments