Tokyo Idol Festival is the biggest idol event in Japan. Every year, it brings together many different idol groups on one stage for just two days. Last year, the event featured 138 different idol groups and garnered an audience of over 41,000 fans.
Now in its 6th year, this event hopes to reach more and more individuals than it did in previous years. Thus giving everyone the opportunity to experience the Japanese idol culture. This summer, the event is extending a special invitation to non-Japanese people by allowing them to attend the concert for free!
Check out below for more information on this annual event.
Tokyo Idol Festival 2015 General Information
Location : Odaiba & Aomi Area
Date : Saturday, August 1st & Sunday, August 2nd, 2015
2-Day Ticket (Aug. 1 & 2) / 9,800 yen (tax inc.)
1-Day Ticket (Aug. 1 or Aug. 2) / 6,000 yen (tax inc.
How to Attend as a Non-Japanese
Special invitations will be distributed to non-Japanese individuals interested in joining the event. While there are 500 tickets in all, they will be distributed with 250 tickets on the Saturday, and the other 250 on the Sunday. The tickets will be distributed on a first-come, first-serve basis. To apply for the tickets, you must fill out the pre-registration form on the website, linked here.
There are special notes to take into consideration too.
- Only non-Japanese are eligible for the special free invitations.
- If you have not pre-registered, you will not be able to enter the event for free
- Pre-registration is only open until the maximum capacity has been met
- You must bring a valid passport or national id card on the day of the event
- You bring a printed out copy of the confirmation email or be able to show them on a device
- You must register for both days individiually if you want to attend both days
The Event’s line-up has already been announced. But this is not the full list and more idols may be added in due time.
Up Up Girls (Kari)
Otome no Junjo
Dorothy Little Happy
Hachaketai from Passpo✩
Flap Girls’ School
You’ll Melt More!
You can view information about the groups and event at the official Tokyo Idol Festival website.