One of Japan’s most popular online web portals goo decided to hold a ranking for Hello!Project‘s most bizarre song title names.
The former main figurehead and producer of Hello!Project Tsunku is an extremely eccentric man, and that tends to be showcased in Hello!Project’s lyrical content and the song names themselves. For many years now this tended to set them apart of the average idol group, and a funny topic that many fans can bond over. It also made many of Hello!Projects songs quite memorable due to the unique/odd name of the songs.
goo opened the polls and asked the wota what they thought were Hello!Project’s more bizarre song title names. 250 men and 250 women took part in the survey. Check out the top 40 ranking below the jump
1. Kobushi Factory – Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan (Dosukoi! Humble but Bold)
Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan is the major label debut single by Kobushi Factory. “Dosukoi” is a chant used by sumo wrestlers, basically to hype themselves up. Calling yourself both humble and bold seems to be a bit of an oxymoron too. This song took the number 1 spot among the fans who voted. It’s worth mentioning the b-side has quite a unique name also, “A Song About Ramen Loving Ms. Koizumi”. It came in 11th place on the ranking.
2. Morning Musume – Pyocopyoco Ultra (Bouncy Bouncy Ultra)
Everything about this single is bizarre. The song, the video, the single covers, the costumes, the lyrics…Seems even Hello!Project fans who were used to very eccentric concepts were scratching their heads at this release.
3. Berryz Kobo – Gag 100 Kaibun Aishite Kudasai (Please Love Me As Much As 100 Jokes)
This song was used as the ending theme for the animated film “Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart 2 ~Yukizora no Tomodachi~.” Why 100 jokes? One of the goo writers equated this title to a “Dad joke”
4. Berryz Kobo – 1-oku 3-senman Sou Diet Oukoku (130 million Diet-minded Country)
5. C-ute – Dance de Bakoon! (Dance Explosion!)
6. S/mileage – Onaji Jikyuu de Hataraku Tomodachi no Bijin Mama (My Friend’s Beautiful Mom That Works at the Same Hourly Pay)
7. Morning Musume – Maji Desu ka Ska!(Are You Serious? Ska!)
8. C-ute – Wakkyanai (Z) (It’s Easy (Z)) / ANGERME – Ai no Tame Kyou Made Shinkashite Kita Ningen Ai no Tame Subete Taikashite Kita Ningen (The Human Evolution of Love, The Human Degeneration of Love)
10. S/mileage – ○○ Ganbaranakutemo Eenende!! (It’s Okay Even If You Didn’t Do Your Best!!)
11. C-ute – Kimi wa Jitensha Watashi wa Densha de Kitaku (You Ride Your Bicycle While I Catch the Train Home) / Kobushi Factory – Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san no Uta (“A Song About Ramen Loving Ms. Koizumi”) / Kobushi Factory – Samba! Kobushi Janeiro / Berryz Kobo – Nanchuu Koi wo Yatteruu YOU KNOW? (What a Love I’m in, YOU KNOW?)
15. Juice=Juice – Samidare Bijo ga Samidareru (SA-MI-DA-RE girls It’s crazy) / Aya Matsuura – Suna wo Kamu You ni… NAMIDA (Like Eating Sand…TEARS) / s/mileage – Suki yo, Junjou Hankouki (I Love You, Pure Rebellious Age)
18. V-U-DEN – Aisu Cream to My Purin (Love Cream and My Pudding) / Berryz Kobo – Yuke Yuke Monkey Dance (Go Go Monkey Dance)
20. C-ute – Ai wa Maru de Seidenki (Love is Like Static Electricity)
21. S/mileage – Please Miniskirt Postwoman! / Aya Marsuura – Yeah! Meccha Holiday (Yeah! Super Holiday)
23. Miki Fujimoto – Romantic Ukare Mode (Romantic Festive Mode)
24. Morning Musume – Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo! (I’m Seriously Praying for Peace On This Earth!) / S/mileage – Aa Susukino / Melon Kinenbi – MI DA RA Matenrou (Improper Skyscraper)
27. Morning Musume – Chokkan 2 ~Nogashita Sakana wa Ookiizo!~ (Intuition 2 ~The Fish We Let Slip Was Huge!~) / S/mileage – Choto Mate Kudasai! (Please Wait a Minute!) / Juice = Juice – Ca Va? Ca Va? (Ok? Ok?)
30. Morning Musume – Wakuteka Take a Chance (Excitedly Take a Chance)
31. Morning Musume – SEXY BOY ~Soyokaze ni Yorisotte~ (SEXY BOY ~Nestled By the Breeze~ / V-U-DEN – Ajisai Ai Ai Monogatari (Hydrangea Love Story) / V-U-DEN – Issai Gassai Anata ni Ageru (I’ll Give Any, and Everything to You)
34. C-ute – The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~ (The Middle Management ~Women’s Middle Management~ / Berryz Kobo – Fighting Pose wa Date ja nai! (A Fighting Pose Isn’t Showy!) / Aya Matsuura – Tropical Koishiteru (Tropical Loving)
37. C-ute – Naze Hito wa Arasoun Darou? (Why Do People Fight?) / Juice=Juice – Date ja nai yo Uchi no Jinsei wa (My Life is Not Just For Show!) / Berryz Kobo – Otakebi Boy Wao! (War Cry Boy WAO!)
40. C-ute – Tokaikko Junjou (City Girl’s Pure Heart)