This has been a busy year for veteran singer/songwriter Keisuke Kuwata, and it looks like it’s only going to get busier moving into the final stretch. Kuwata will be streeting two releases in the month of November: a brand new single and a special Live DVD/Blu-ray.
The single, titled “Kimi e no Tegami”, will hit store shelves on November 23rd in three versions: a Regular CD only edition, an Analog edition, and a Limited variant which will include an autograph from Kuwata himself (printed with the song’s lyrics), an original stamp sticker, and an application to take part in a live-viewing of his upcoming New Year’s Eve concert. The lead track has been selected as the theme song for film “Kin Medal Otoko” and is described as an acoustic rock ballad intended to encourage people to continue striving towards their dreams.
A week later on November 30th, he will be releasing “THE ROOTS ~Idai Naru Kayoukyoku ni Kansha~”, which will compile footage from WOWOW’s 25th anniversary program of the same name. The event featured Kuwata performing covers of 18 classic songs arranged to faithfully honor their original forms, as well as the big band rendition of his own hit “Tokyo” and a new song titled “Itazura Sarete”.
Below you’ll find the cover and complete track list for Kuwata’s upcoming Live DVD/Blu-ray, as well as previews of both “Itazura Sarete” and “Kimi e no Tegami”.
-’THE ROOTS ~Idai Naru Kayoukyoku ni Kansha~’ Track List-
- Tokyo no Yane no Shita (Katsuhiko Haida, 1949)
- Aa Ueno Eki (Hachiro Izawa, 1964)
- Akasaka no Yoru wa Fukete (Sachiko Nishida, 1965)
- Yurakucho de Aimashou (Frank Nagai, 1957)
- Una Sera di Tokyo (The Peanuts, 1964)
- Tokyo Dodonpa Musume (Mari Watanabe, 1961)
- Kurumaya-san (Hibari Misora, 1961)
- Sumidagawa (Taro Shoji, 1937)
- Tasogare no Ginza (Akira Kurosawa and Los Primos, 1949)
- Tokyo Night Club (Frank Nagai and Kazuko Matsuo, 1959) -Duet by Keisuke Kuwata and Yuko Hara-
- Otoko wa Tsurai yo (Kiyoshi Atsumi, 1970)
- Shinjuku no Onna (Keiko Fuji, 1969)
- Shinjuku Sodachi (Hideo Oki & Yoko Tsuyama, 1949) -Duet by Keisuke Kuwata and TIGER-
- Akatonbo (Naomi Chiaki, 1988)
- Kitaguni no Haru (Masao Sen, 1977)
- Kandagawa (Kaguyahime, 1973) -Bossa Nova arrangement-
- Tokyo Sabaku (Hiroshi Uchiyamada and Cool Five, 1976)
- Karajishi Botan (Ken Takakura, 1965)
- Tokyo (Keisuke Kuwata, 2002) -Big Band arrangement-
- Itazura Sarete (Keisuke Kuwata, 2016)