Singer-songwriter Gen Hoshino kicked off his five-stop, eight-concert domestic “POP VIRUS“ dome tour in February—now he’s taking it global! The tour will hit Shanghai, New York, and Taipei, and Yokohama starting this November.
British–American musician Mark Ronson, who Hoshino double-headlined two concert dates with last December, will support the “Koi” singer as a special guest in New York and a performer at the Yokohama dates.
Ahead of his international activities, he has opened up his music to all streaming services and set up Instagram and Weibo accounts.
“I’m going to start a lot of things,” he writes in his very first first Instagram post. “In order to meet, connect with, and have fun with the people I love and people I haven’t met yet.”
Gen Hoshino POP VIRUS World Tour Dates
- November 23: Shanghai, National Exhibition & Convention Center Hong Arena
- November 25: New York, Sony Hall (Special Guest: Mark Ronson)
- December 9: Yokohama, Yokohama Arena “LIVE in JAPAN 2019 Gen Hoshino × MARK RONSON”
- December 10: Yokohama, Yokohama Arena “LIVE in JAPAN 2019 Gen Hoshino × MARK RONSON”
- December 14: Taipei, Legacy MAX
Since opening his Instagram yesterday, Hoshino has already made 8 updates with captions in both Japanese and English.
His Weibo page shares an exclusive self-shot video updating Chinese fans about this new tour dates.