ARAMA! JAPAN has some staff openings. If you’re looking for a place to gain experience, want your voice to be heard, hone your writing/translating skills, or simply just have a passion for everything Japanese entertainment & culture then look no further!
Arama isn’t just one person. It takes a whole team to run a site! We’re currently looking to expand and find great people interested in joining our crew. The current positions available are writer and writer/translator.
To learn more about each position and what you need to apply see below.
Are you an aspiring writer or journalist, or are you simply passionate about writing?
We’re looking for people with a love of sharing news that want to bring their interests of Japanese entertainment/culture and writing together. Writers typically update the site with announcements and news regarding all sorts of entertainment from music and drama, anime and movies (trailers, music videos and other updates that don’t require hardcore translation).
If desired you will also be given the opportunity to publish and create your own original work.
We’re looking for linguists highly proficient in Japanese (simply meaning that you’re able to comprehend and communicate the meaning of Japanese articles or blog posts in formal and casual writing styles).
Tasks include translating more lengthy articles to English, or more behind the scenes stuff like working with the management of artists on behalf of Arama, translating interviews, etc if you’re interested in that as well.
- Passionate about Japanese entertainment
- Have good knowledge of the Japanese industry
- Fluent in English
- Self-starter with initiative
WHAT TO INCLUDE IN YOUR MESSAGE
- Self introduction including name, age and location (+ timezone)
- What is your availability in a typical week? (Are you a student? Do you work?)
- Which areas of entertainment fit your interests? (Film/TV, bands, artists, female idols, male idols, pop diva royalty, anime, fashion, etc.) Tell us what keeps you interested in the Japanese entertainment industry!
- What are you interested in contributing? (Article translations, rankings, gossip, reporting new releases and videos, op-ed, etc.)
- How proficient are you in Japanese?
- Why do you want to be apart of the ARAMA! Japan team?
- What do you like about ARAMA! Japan? Are there changes you would like to see?
Along with all of this, please provide links (or file attachments) to previous work especially if you’re interested in contributing op-ed pieces. If you’re applying as a writer/translator we will ask you to translate an article for a trial run.
Please send all of this in an e-mail to email@example.com
As always, if you have any further questions send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as well.