Asajo recently compiled a list of the top 15 lowest rated Jdoramas of all time (regular, primetime). It’s a given that drama ratings are down these past years. As I also do the weekly ratings chart, it comes a bit interesting to note that several dramas of recent has made it to the list.
The press likes to feast on low ratings all the time and it has followed Odagiri Joe with his 2012 drama “Kazoku no Uta” until the title of the lowest ratings was taken off him in 2013. Just this 2015 however, 5 dramas made it into the list. When Horikita Maki’s “Masshiro” drama ratings are dropping, the producer of the drama apologized to her fans and took responsibility. FUJI TV has it a bit worse this year, with 3 of their 2015 dramas making it into the list.
Of course, low ratings does not necessarily mean low quality. It may be a commercial flop but a critical success. Have you watched any of the dramas from the list?
Top-15 lowest rated J-doramas of all time
- Otto no Kanojo/ Kawaguchi Haruna (TBS, October 2013) 3.8%
HEAT/ AKIRA (Fuji TV, July 2015) 3.8%
- Kazoku no Uta/ Odagiri Joe (Fuji TV, April 2012) 3.9%
- Message/ Mannaka Hitomi (NTV, January 2003) 4.4%
- Kazoku no Urajijo/ Zaizen Naomi (Fuji TV, October 2013) 4.5%
- Lion Sensei/ Takenaka Naoto (NTV, October 2003) 4.7%
Tatakau! Shoten Girl/ Inamori Izumi & Watanabe Mayu (Fuji TV, April 2015) 4.7%
- Risk no Kamisama/ Tsutsumi Shinichi (Fuji TV, July 2015) 5.1%
Asunaro Sansannanabyoshi/ Yanagiba Toshiro (Fuji TV, July 2014) 5.1%
- Keiji Ichiro/ Kato Haruhiko (TBS, January 2003) 5.2%
- Regatta Kimi to ita eien/ Hayami Mokomichi (TV Asahi, July 2006) 5.5%
- Hito Natsu no Papa e/ Ueto Aya (TBS, Summer 2003) 5.6%
- Ranpo R/ Fujii Takashi (NTV, January 2004) 5.7%
- Masshiro/ Horikita Maki (TBS, January 2015) 5.8%
Omotesando Koukou Gasshobu/ Yoshine Kyoko (TBS, July 2015) 5.8%
For records sake, here is the list of the top 10 Jdoramas with the highest average rating of all time (regular, primetime). The list consists mostly of FUJI TV’s Getsu9 (Monday 9pm) and TBS Nichiyou Gekijou (Sunday, 9pm) dramas.
Top-10 highest rated J-doramas of all time
- Hero / Kimura Takuya (Winter, 2001) 34.2%
- Beautiful Life/ Kimura Takuya (Winter, 2000) 31.9%
- Good Luck!! / Kimura Takuya (Winter, 2003) 30.4%
- Love Generation / Kimura Takuya (Autumn, 1997) 30.1%
- Long Vacation / Kimura Takuya (Spring, 1996) 29.6%
- Hanzawa Naoki / Sakai Masato (Spring, 2013) 29.0%
- GTO / Sorimachi Takashi (Summer, 1998) 28.4%
- Under One Roof / Eiguchi Yosuke (Spring, 1993) 28.1%
- Gokusen 2 / Nakama Yukie (Winter, 2005) 27.8%
- Asunaro Hakusho / Ishida Hikari (Autumn, 1993) 27.0%