#1 Song Review: Week of 11/19 – 11/25 (Tohoshinki v. back number v. Aimyon)

Hello, Arama! Japan readers and welcome to this week’s installment of #1 Song Review! Last week saw Aimyon defeat Nogizaka46 and back number. back number and Aimyon are back this week, facing off against a newcomer. Find out what Ronald thought of the songs that topped the singles charts this week and share your thoughts on them too!

Oricon #1: Tohoshinki – Jealous (Billboard Hot 100 #3 / not in the Oricon Digital Singles top 20 / Billboard Download Songs #23 / not in the Billboard Streaming Songs top 100)

Why is this a single? It sounds like a watered down version of something from back when there were 5 members. The difference between now and then though is that they lack the vocals to cut through the dark muck of this song to make it more than what it is. It’s like the vocals of the remaining members are lost in the muddy mix. The song just plods along and is a bore to listen to. 4/10

_________

Billboard Hot 100 #1 / Oricon Digital Singles #1 / Billboard Download Songs #1: back number – Old Fashion (Oricon #4 / not released for streaming)

Same review as before: Another song that is typical of the act. But then again, back number is known for comfort songs, which is something that this track provides. It’s bit heartwarming as the weather gets colder. 6/10

_________

Billboard Streaming Songs #1: Aimyon – Konya Kono Mama (Oricon #48 / Billboard Hot 100 #8 / Oricon Digital Singles #6 / Billboard Download Songs #6)

I haven’t listen to Aimyon much, but I can see her appeal. She’s an earnest singer-songwriter that doesn’t have the theatrics around her like the divas of yore, and people go for that today. I wouldn’t say that this song is exciting or all that interesting, but it is decent. 5/10

_________

1. Billboard Hot 100 #1 / Oricon Digital Singles #1 / Billboard Download Songs #1: back number – Old Fashion

2. Billboard Streaming Songs #1: Aimyon – Konya Kono Mama

3. Oricon #1: Tohoshinki – Jealous

_________

Which one do you like the most?

Oricon #1: Tohoshinki – Jealous
Billboard Hot 100 #1 / Oricon Digital Singles #1 / Billboard Download Songs #1: back number – Old Fashion
Billboard Streaming Songs #1: Aimyon– Konya Kono Mama

Comments